Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats officially turns one-year old today! Birthday cupcakes for everyone to celebrate! I started this blog to share with you my recipes and my passion for baking, and to connect with my readers and other bloggers. This year has had many ups and downs….and I have learned so much! I thought to celebrate, I could share with you five things about me that you may not know, as well as my top five FAVORITE recipes here on the blog.
First, I have to give a HUGE shout out to all my subscribers! THANK YOU!! To have you sign up to receive my free email subscription really means the world to me. Thank you, to you all, that have stuck with me when I have sent the wrong picture with the wrong post, or for the several emails I may send in a week, just because I can’t wait to share something with you. And if you haven’t signed up yet, what are you waiting for?! 😉
In case you missed it, here’s my first blog post ever posted on Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats….Plum Jam Scones
I develop the recipes you see here on the blog, from inspiration I draw from ingredients I have on hand, including those given to me by some of the wonderful companies I have had the opportunity to work with over this past year: Vain Extracts, Foodlyn, LorAnn Oils, The Original Cannoli Chips, B. toffee, My Favorite Indulgence Granola, Wilmax and Bakeology. I love working with new products and introducing you to these amazing companies!
Ok….FIVE things about me:
- I know next to nothing about computers, blogs or computer coding. Hence, the errors you may see. If something isn’t working on the blog, I have to try and muddle my way through it to fix it. And I am not the most patient person.
- I am the most introverted introvert and my happy place is at home in my pajamas watching Food Network (or sappy movies on the Hallmark Channel).
- I have a full time job, working 10-hours a day, and I don’t make any money from blogging. I blog because I love it and I love sharing my recipes with you guys.
- There are only two things that will totally freak me out: mayonnaise and ants. My house never has ants, because I pay good money to a pest control company to keep it that way. Mayonnaise will sometimes make its way into my kitchen, but only if I am using it in a recipe though. Those recipes get taste-tested by James 😉
- Baking and sharing my desserts with friends and family is my way of showing them I love them. Which is why this blog means so much to me, because I am sharing my recipes with you. And every time I get a new subscriber to the blog, it makes me smile.
Kelly’s FIVE favorite recipes from the blog:
Amazing Oatmeal Cookies (A Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix Copycat!)
Thank you to everyone who has read my blog, subscribed, commented, tried recipes and supported and loved me over this past year. And a huge thanks to James, my most honest and willing taste tester,who is always promoting my desserts and the blog, and for understanding the hours upon hours I spend working on the blog on my days off from work.
I am excited for this next year, and would love for you to comment below and tell me what recipes you would like to see on the blog! And if you haven’t subscribed to the blog yet, I would LOVE for you to sign-up! It’s free recipes straight to your e-mail inbox!
PS—- one last secret: my name is just Kelly. Lynn is my middle name, and the name “Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats” came from years of my momma calling me “Kelly Lynn” or “Miss Lynn” when I was growing up.